- Salary: From $18 an hour
- 8 hour shift
- Weekend availability
- Work Location: One location
- Work Remotely: No
- Education: High school or equivalent
- High School Diploma
- Experience in auto damage assessment, insurance adjusting, vehicle inspection, or similarExperience in customer service and/or sales
- Available to work during business hours and some Saturdays (with a comp day the following week)
- Current clean MVR
- Location: Must be located in Utah with ability to work in the Salt Lake area
Full Job Description
About the Role:
The inspector team is essential at Gauge and enables the seller to have a successful selling experience. The inspector is a customer-facing role, requiring travel to designated locations to assess vehicle condition. It is the inspector’s responsibility to provide customers a great experience while filling out a detailed condition report on their vehicle. This critical report ensures sellers get the most money possible for their vehicle by instilling trust with our network of buyers that the vehicles they bid on and purchase are accurately represented.
In this role, responsibilities include:
- Accurate inspection of vehicles, identifying both mechanical and cosmetic problems
- Filling out a detailed condition report for each vehicle
- Interaction with sellers at the time of vehicle inspection to instill confidence in Gauge, explain the process, and answer any questions or concerns they might have
- On occasion, discussing offers with the seller and purchasing the vehicle
- You are confident in inspecting vehicles, assessing condition, and identifying potential red flags.You enjoy being on the road and the everyday possibility of a change of pace.
- You make an excellent first impression.
- You are flexible and don’t mind last minute changes.
- You are transparent, honest, and act with integrity.
- You are a team player who will look out for the greater good of those around you and the company at large.
- You are organized, dependable, and self-motivated.
- You can work well cross-functionally and use collaborative skills to solve problems and reach resolutions.